5 Ways to Get More Twitter Followers and Facebook Fans
Personally I don't care if you have 5,000 fans and I only have 50. Sheer numbers mean nothing to me and I hope they don't to you. The only thing that matters is:
- The level of influence your friends and followers have over their friends
- How much your friends and followers like you; and
- How often they refer their friends to your camp
Look at it this way. I'm in much better position to cultivate relationships with 50 people -- one at a time on a regular basis -- than you are with 5,000. Most likely, if you have 5,000 Facebook fans, they don't even know who you are, and you sure as heck don't know them.
I get it though. I understand why people want more followers and fans. It's an ego boost for one thing. So here's 5 tips you might try to help you pick up more Facebook fans and Twitter followers today:
1. Put a Facebook "like box" (or similar widget) on your website and blog so people can share your content with their friends from anywhere.
2. Connect your twitter status updates to your Facebook page and blog, so when you update one, the other two get updated automatically.
3. If you're set up to take online enrollment, put "Find Us on Facebook" and "Follow us on Twitter" links on your confirmation page. ("Thanks for signing up for Aloha Beach Camp...we're looking forward to a fun summer...please become a fan on Facebook so we can share the latest information from camp with you, etc., etc., etc.")
4. Many of your staff members probably have their own websites, blogs, Facebook pages and twitter accounts. Encourage them to post or tweet about your camp and make sure they link their posts back to your camp’s website. (Don't be fearful your staff might post something you won't like...they're probably already posting stuff about you anyway, if you're lucky.)
5. Whenever you make a new blog post or write an article, your staff should share that content with their own network of friends keeping all links intact back to your website, Facebook or Twitter pages.
When I first started messing around with social media I tried all kinds of things and these five tips are some of the ones that worked the best. so give a couple (or all five) of these tips a try and let me know how they work for you.
Well, that's it for now... It's Friday night so I'm signing off. Hope you have a great weekend...and if you're inclined to say you Like" Aloha Beach Camp on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, great...but either way is fine with me :)