One thing we need to all be cognizant of is people’s time. When someone visits your website, they’re probably ALREADY in a rush even while the page is still loading. They’re probably wondering which site to go to next before they even start reading or viewing your stuff. That’s why it’s so crucial you show them something so incredibly compelling they can’t resist hanging around for a while. The best way I’ve found to “hook” someone is with video. I wouldn’t set the video on “autoplay” because it’s probably best to let people decide for themselves what they want to do or don’t do on your site. But if your video looks cool with a nice screenshot, you’ll make it very difficult for anyone to resist watching and spending at least a minute or two (and hopefully more) on your home page.
How to Keep Prospects on Your Website Longer
More from internet marketingMore posts in internet marketing »
- How to Get More Campers from the Same Number of Website Vistors
- Top 10 Tips for Using Your Website to Increase Camp Enrollment
- Do you have an “About Us” page on your camp’s website?
- How to use Traditional Offline Advertising Strategies In Conjunction with Your Online Marketing Efforts
- How to List Your Website on Google, Yahoo and Bing for Free
More from videoMore posts in video »