Do you have a map of your location on your website? Your camp’s location and facilities are a big part of what you’re selling. In fact for many camps, their locations are their competitive advantage. If you’ve got a great location, better maintenance, a special lease or permit nobody else can get, or you just want to help curious parents know where you’re located, you need to include a map on your website.
Adding a map to your website is so easy, there’s no reason not to add one. Here’s how:
- Go to Google Maps
- Enter the address for your camp’s (summer) location. You will then see a map of your site and the surrounding area. Zoom in or out if you want to.
- Find the “LINK” icon adjacent to the upper left hand corner of the map (top right hand corner of text side of the page).
- Click the “LINK” icon.
- You will now see two sets of code. Click the bottom one that says “Paste HTML to embed in website.” The code should now be highlighted.
- Copy and paste the highlighted code into your website wherever you want your map to appear.
- That’s it! Now you’ve got a location map on your website.
I visited lots of camp websites before writing this post and didn’t find too many with maps on their sites. I’m as guilty as anyone. But the reason I don’t include a map on my site is because I run an itinerant program format. We’re moving around each day to different beaches and lakes and all that, so I can’t have 50 different maps on my site. But if you’ve got a fixed site location, you absolutely need a map so parents and kids know exactly where you’re located and you can show off your amazing facilities to the world.